John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My Maytag refrigerator is leaking water from lower fridge

Customer Question

My Maytag refrigerator is leaking water from lower fridge compartment. I saw that the wall panel woozes water and it collects in the bottom where the basket is located and overflows outside the refrigerator and damages my wood floor. How can I get it fixed ASAP? I saw the clear water collection on my kitchen floor in front of my refrige, but did not know where the water comes from. Today, the water collection was a lot and I saw the water flowing from fridge. When I opened the fridge, there was a ice and water at the bottom of the fridge section.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is about 2-3 years old that I bought it from Home Depot.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No, I do not know anything about it and I currently have a should injury that I should limit any work using my arm. I need a repair man.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: How can I find a repairman. I sent it my warranty card when I bought the refridgerator, but am not sure if repair will be covered by Maytag.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section and seen if you just open the refrigerator door.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I see now that it is not Maytag but Whirlpool. Model No is MBF1 953YEW3. Where are you located? Are you in Austin, TX? I need someone from Austin.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I do not want to spend $24 without even knowing where you are.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

I personally am out of Denver, Colorado. If you needed to call for service you would want to call Whirlpool and see who is in your area. Whirlpool owns Maytag.