John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a whirlpool front load washer Mdl. No. WFW 9400 SZO4.

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool front load washer Mdl. No. WFW 9400 SZO4. It stopped letting water into the drum last week and I replaced the water inlet valve with a factory replacement. It worked for three days and is now doing the exact same thing again. The hoses are clear. Did I just get a bad new valve?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 4 to 5 years old. Mdl. No. WFW9400SZO4. S/N. CS02203104
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can. Unless it's over my head
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nothing I can think of
Category: Appliance
Expert:  ApplianceTech replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
.

You may have a bad valve or you may have some issue with your water supply that keeps introducing dirt into the valve.

You need to determine first if you have power going to the valve when the machine calls for water. Get a voltmeter and check the power plug going to the valve. If you have no power, then you have another problem with the machine calling for water and you will have to address that issue.

If you do, the next thing to do would be to see if you have a good water supply by putting the fill hose into the sink or bucket and see if you have a good flow.

Lastly, if you a good supply, you need to pull the filter out of the back of the water valve and see if it is clogged up. If both issues check out, then the valve is bad.

Check those out and let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'll need to get a volt meter tomorrow and check power. Thanks

No problem,

Let me know what you find and we can go from there.