Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Maytag neptune tl spin cycle not working. it will wash and

Customer Question

maytag neptune tl spin cycle not working. it will wash and run through all cycles but when it gets to spin cycle the washer stops and "dc" comes up on the display. This happens with even 1 big towel in the washer. It will run through completely if I run the washer without anything in it.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model# *****
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Washer is approximately 6-7 years old and yes if it can save me $....have had no other issues with it till now
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: nOTHING i CAN THINK OF
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

So error "dc" means that the washer is out of balance. 1 towel can be balanced so you may just need to add more towels or clothing to balance the load. If it's becoming too sensitive, then there is a sensor in the front right corner of the washer between the tub and the outer shell of the washer that would need to be replaced. The part number for the sensor is 12002194 if you need to order one and replace it.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Could it be just the sensor? I have tried with a normal load of laundry as well with the same dc code being given. I have found online by research that the clutch could possibly need replacing. I have done a sensor code test with the UO and UC codes being given when they were supposed to...the answers I have found there all point to the clutch needing replacing. Just want to be as accurate as possible here to determine wether or not to replace that part or move on from the washer.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Yes, it could very easily just be the sensor if it has become too sensitive which commonly happens sense water can splay on it over time. Either way, if it works without clothes inside, just replace the sensor. The only other thing that would really cause the issue is the clutch but that would affect the washer whether you have a load or not.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ahh ok got ya
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

good luck. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and if you need anything else just let me know.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?