Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My Fisher Paykel won't move into the rinse and spin cycle.

Customer Question
It gets stuck and the...
my Fisher Paykel won't move into the rinse and spin cycle. It gets stuck and the time just stays at 28 minutes and the washer is not doing anything. It just said it had a fault?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/1/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So the issue you're getting means that your washer isn't draining properly so it stops before the rinse cycle. You will need to manually drain all the water in the tub then tip the machine backwards so you can access under the bottom and unplug the unit. The drain pump is located in the front right corner. It has a fan blade hanging from the bottom of it. Twist the fan blade an if it doesn't spin freely, you need to remove your drain pump and clear the blockage above it. There is a plastic tab that you can push on and then the entire pump will twist and pull off.

If the blade does spin freely, there is a "Y-connection" in the back right corner with (3) 1" hoses connected to it. Disconnect the hoses and check the "Y-connection" for any blockages. Remove any blockages if necessary.

If both things check good, then you just need to replace the drain pump itself and it costs about $100.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

ok - I will go down and try this. I'll keep you posted!

ok good luck!

Is the fan blade plastic and the whole bottom of my machine? It has a plastic hex nut? I checked the drainage hoses and they are all clear. The big plastic thing is turning, but it takes some doing and I can still feel water in there?? so did I miss a hose? I only saw 2

No, that is motor rotor assembly. The drain ump is only about 6" x 4" or so. Looks something like the link below.

CLICK HERE to see drain pump

Ok I can't get the cover off to spin anything I took the two screws out but there are lots of wires going to it and the cover won't come off?

We're not even talking about the same thing. I believe I already stated that the large cover you were talking about is the motor rotor---you don't remove that. That has nothing to do with your problem. You're supposed to be removing the drain pump. I think you need to call a technician out as I can't comprehend the miscommunication going on right now after I gave you a picture of what the drain pump looks like and you are still removing the rotor.

there are only 2 this under there the big plastic one the turns the entire drum and then the small one to the side of it with 2 hoses coming off of it. But it's covered. Nothing else underneath the washer. It's an aqua smart if that makes a difference
ok - I thought it might help to attach a picture. I double checked the hoses and there isn't anything clogging them. But it sounds like I'll need a technician either way. The smaller one is the one I believe you were referring to with the link you sent to me, but it is enclosed. Sorry I was so hard to deal with - Kim
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc