Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I bought a Frigidaire gallery fridge in June and it started

Customer Question

I bought a Frigidaire gallery fridge in June and it started making weird noises last nite . Seems to be getting warmer and no matter what I set temps on, the control panel displays SY EF
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model FGHS2631PF4A Six months
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

So error "sy ef" means that there is a communication error with your evaporator fan motor inside the freezer section behind the back panel, but still inside the freezer. You'll want to pull everything out of the freezer and remove the screws going into the lower back panel inside the freezer. Remove the back panel to expose the silver coils and the evaporator fan motor above the coils. If there is frost build up or ice build up impeding the fan from moving, use a hair dryer and thaw out the ice and frost. If everything looks fine but you still get this error, you'll want to replace the evaporator fan motor and if the issue persists, then you'd need to replace the main control board below the refrigerator in a plastic box.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.