Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Whirlpool Cabrio... replaced thermal fuse and still

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool Cabrio... replaced thermal fuse and still wont start
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Wgd5600xw0.... bout 5 yrs old?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Its on... just wont do anythi g when i press start
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

When you attempt to start the machine, do you hear a click from the control area?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

When you replaced the fuse, did you notice if the belt was intact and tight around the drum? Do you have a meter to perform any electrical testing with?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Shit.... just saw the belt... its off the drum (like it broke) and seems thin...
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

The belt switch is open, that is why it will not start. You just need a new belt! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you! Its not broke, but seems worn. Can i put it back on until i get a new one?
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

If it will go back on and stay in place, sure!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do i have to take off the fron side of things?
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Yes, the front comes off for access. I will get you a video, give me just a second.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Okay, thank you
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

The video at the link shows how it is accessed. Your model is a bit different but nearly the same disassembly.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Okay
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Thank you .