Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

We have a slide-in stove Model JCSP 42SK3SS purchased in

Customer Question

We have a slide-in stove Model JCSP 42SK3SS purchased in summer of 2008. Recently when setting the bake requirements of 350 on the control unit the temperature recorded on a thermometer inside indicates 250 which 100 degrees less. Please advise what may be the problem and how it could be fixed?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: Where are these located?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends on the degree of difficulty? How much would a technician charge for this call/
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best? I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: Please provide. Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 7 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

when you testing the oven temperature how long are you having the oven ON for before preforming the test?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
As long as the unit takes to get to set temperature

Ok to properly test the internal oven temperature you have to set the oven turn the oven on and WAIT at least 30 minutes before doing any temperature testing.

If you are just turning the oven on and reading the internal temperature when the oven control beeps then yes the internal temperature will be off by around 100 degrees.

This beep is only telling you that the oven is ((conditioned)), not that the oven has actually reached the set temperature.

Conditioned means once you open the door and put the food in ,then wait 10 more minutes to start the time on any recipe .

if you have any questions just reply back to me.

do you have any questions for me today?