Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

ECS sensor keeps building up and keeping dishwasher from

Customer Question

ECS sensor keeps building up and keeping dishwasher from completing cycle. I have to clean it ever 3-4 loads. Ive been told in the newer models theyve just bypassed the ECS sensor on the main board. Do you know how to go about doing that for the Samsung Dishwasher DW80F600UTS
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 3 years Samsung Dishwasher mpdel DW80F600UTS
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yup
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: dont think so
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

The new boards are programmed differently, they do not require input from the sensor. You cannot modify the board programming in an older model.

Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Using an additive with the detergent, such as Lemi Shine, will help keep it clean and trouble free, though!

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.