Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have just gotten a new Kitchenaid stand mixer and cannot

Customer Question
figure out how to tilt...
I have just gotten a new Kitchenaid stand mixer and cannot figure out how to tilt the motor head back
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Brand new and Model No. KSM500q20b
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: just starting to use it and have a mix in the bowl and don't know how to tilt the head back to get the bowl and beater out
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
12/31/2016
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Give me a minute or two to pull up information on this model

The model number you have given me is NOT a tilt head model .the bowl is raised and lowered to and from the mixer head.

But that model does NOT tilt

If you have any questions just reply back to me.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the instruction book that came with it says it is a tilt head.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no I will figure it out thanks for nothing

but it is Not if you in fact gave me the model number from right off the unit itself!

Did you get the number right off the bottom of the mixer?

So it now looks as if you have had two experts tell you that the model number your giving is NOT a tilt head unit ,but you still do not want to believe either of us!!

maybe you thought you were purchasing a tilt head unit but you did not!!

John, Home Appliance Technician