Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have new kitchenaid 309ss steam oven and the code says NTC

Customer Question
boiler operation and kitchen aid...
I have new kitchenaid 309ss steam oven and the code says NTC boiler operation and kitchen aid said to power off breaker for 5 minutes and we did but it still has code saying NTC boiler non operative.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: brand new but purchased 5 years ago but just installed and was working great unitl I tried to use it on manual steam then it coded out but continued to work on cinvection
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/31/2016
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 11 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

open the oven door on the right hand side should be the model /serial number tag

Kehu309sss05 serial D14550220

Thank you!
Give me a minute or two to pull up information on this model

Before proceeding, press OFF, OFF, START on the lower oven display to enter Diagnostics Mode. Then press ERROR CODE to verify the error codes.

And I noticed your request for a phone call. Unfortunately, Just Answer has stated that your request has failed due Credit card issues.

This is normally due to your credit card company not releasing the money to Just Answer.
BUT I'm happy to continue corresponding with you here on our CHAT as we are now to assist you on your question.

says f7-E2

ok I just wanted to be sure.

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

will you show a drawing of what you want tested or a facetime of unit
kitchen aid says it has to do with water source or in that area?

The main appliance manager control board is on the left side of the oven .

So you will need to pull the oven out of the cabinet and remove the left side panel to do this testing.

is this something you feel you can do?

not today as I don't have the help to get oven out it is a 3 man job, I went to use it on convection and steam and then it went to code but I was able to go back to convection it rebooted to 350 degrees cooked the chicken and then this morning it will operate for a minute then codes out to ntc shuts down. could it be a water source issue on steam function, can we get together on Monday when help gets here? can I get you phone number to call you then?

yes It could be water issue.

If the boiler was run out of water or it did not have enough water in it ,could be a faulty NTC sensor , or even something as simple as a loose wire.

I will be on line Monday .

And We can ONLY communicate thru Just Answer either thru this chat or their Premium service system.

I am not allowed to give out my personal info .

even the phone call system goes thru a third party connecting us.

where is the sensor and does the boiler have a water compartment to draw off it for the steam function? what does sensor look likeand where is it exactly and what should it omh out at?
do you have a picture overview you can send me***@******.***

yes the boiler is the water compartment that you pour the water into ..from the front.

The boiler is located on the left rear corner and the NTC sensor is mounted on the boiler .

It is actually part of the boiler assembly.

I have a water line hooked to unit and it comes from the filter that was provided so where would I manually fill the water tank at? isn't automaticly filled. there is a auto r manually button on steam function, I did hit that last night not knowing how to wrk it, could I have emptied the manual water tank. if so where is it?

ok So you have your unit hooked up to a water supply .

That is the newer design, the older design you had to pour water into the boiler thru a spout in the front just below the microwave door.

No you could not have emptied the tank , it has no drain .

once water comes in it just sets there until it needs more , which is just more stuff to go wrong with the unit.

Looks great but is more or less useless in real life.

now what is your thoughts on the problem? in what I described happened?
could it be a stuck solenoid valve not allowing the water in? don't you have a schematic to show on the unit? you are suppose to have the stuff to show me how to fix! I gave the serial and model and you didn't pick up that it is the newer series, this is alarming

as stated earlier You either have a faulty NTC sensor or possibly a loose connection or it could even be an issue with in the electronic control board .

But with out testing the NTC there is NO way to know !

And your not paying me to just guess correct?

very good do you have pictures of where ntc is and what it looks like? and what volt or ohm you are looking for? please send pictures or drawing over and I will contact you monday
where is the ntc sensor on the sysmatic

On the bottom left corner , the third attachment I sent you has a blow up of the NTC sensor specs.

is it E,B,or H which is the ntc sensor? can you circle it and resend attachment?

The NTC sensor is on the boiler it is part of the boiler item # F

John, Home Appliance Technician