Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My ge washing machine of 5 years will not agitate or spin. I

Customer Question
have already tried to...
my ge washing machine of 5 years will not agitate or spin. I have already tried to reset the motor by unplugging the machine and lifting the lid six times. still not working.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: approx. 5 years model WHRE5550K2WW
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I heard a clicking noise in the middle of the night and it was coming from the washer, so I unplugged it until this morning.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/31/2016
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

To Reset the Inverter Board: Push the timer knob in so the washer is idle. Unplug the machine for one minute. Plug back in and raise and lower the lid six times within 12 seconds. Even though you have already done this just trying it one more time. Now if the washer still doesn't work, remove the front panel and look at the flashing light on the inverter board above the motor. Count the flashes. It will tell you whether the motor is bad or the clutch assembly is bad. If there is no flashing light or it flashes 5, 6,or 8 times, then it means your motor is bad. If it flashes 4 times then replace the clutch.

IF there is no power to the inverter board at all and you see no lights on the inverter board then odds are the inline fuse in the wiring harness to the motor has blown, to locate the fuse remvove the front panel of the washer and look at the wiring harness where is wraps around the suspension rod and look for the taped part of the wiring harness its under there and linked in the white and red striped wire.

Do not attempt to bypass the fuse you could blow the motor if its good.

The fuse is Part Number WH49X10055 - click here

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today, I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson