Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Dryer wont turn or heat up, amana ned7200tw 5, if I can, no

Customer Question
Dryer wont turn or heat...
Dryer wont turn or heat up
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: amana ned7200tw 5
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
any one here
12/31/2016
Appliance Technician: ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why you appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok

Looking at the breakdown on your dryer, it has a broken belt switch, that will shut down the dryer until the belt is replace. If you reach inside the dryer and turn the drum, there should be some resistance to turn, if the drum seems to be free wheeling, then the belt is broken.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
belt is not broken

Ok, lets start from the beginning.

Do you have lights coming on the display?

If so, can you set the controls to dry?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
an yes

Does it make any sounds what you press the start button?

Can you determine where it is coming from? Humming?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
there is no humming ,,,, it clicks when I turn it on... and that's it,,,, All power no heat no dryer spinning...
the cycle runs on the board alarm chimes ,,,, but nothing happens

It sounds like you may have a problem with the relay on the control board, but you will need to go through some diagnostic to check it. I do have access to the service manual and I can run it through JA, but at an additional cost. I can try to step you through line by line in this chat but, if you plan on keeping this dryer, it would be a valuable asset for this and future repairs. If you are interested, you would need to "accept "and rate my help . then JA will pop up a request window for a manual. My guess would be around 18.00 for the manual, but is the same one I use and will guide you through all aspects of disassembly and troubleshooting the diagnostics. Your machine is made by Samsung

Let me know

Don

ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician