John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Bosch dishwasher ModelSMS50E32Au/01 and it has been

Customer Question

I have a Bosch dishwasher ModelSMS50E32Au/01 and it has been doing some strange things. Firstly it started stopping at various stages through the cycle . It would come back on and time down for a short time and then stop again. For awhile I found by using the short cycle it would work OK. But then it started doing a similar thing on the short cycle. As I thought the control module was faulty I bought a new one . However after installing it itcame on straight away with 3 mins on the clock. after this the dishwasher will not start. Any advice Please
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: What do you suggest may be wrong as I am a licensed electrician
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 4 years and the model isSMS50E 32 AU
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: As I purchased and installed the new control module I would like to.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: After the dishwasher timed down the 3 mins It still had water in the bottom I drained this.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

The tech sheet is attached. Can you see if it will start the P1 Customer Service Program, please?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Your advice was useless to me. I advised the fault with the dishwasher when I contacted you. It was necessary for me to arrange for a service technician for a service call at a cost of $97.00 who immediately advised the fault was the power module not the control module. This is the most common fault with these Bosch dishwashers. Under the circumstances I consider I should receive a refund of the amount you have debited me.I await your response.Louis Hope
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

The control module and power module are the same part. Glad you got it going.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I beg to differ, this model of Bosch dishwasher has two modules a control module and a power module. We have only just got the power module from Bosch and it is worth over $200 whereas the control module was about $85.