Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Bosch dishwasher ModelSMS50E32Au/01 and it has been

Customer Question
doing some strange things. Firstly...
I have a Bosch dishwasher ModelSMS50E32Au/01 and it has been doing some strange things. Firstly it started stopping at various stages through the cycle . It would come back on and time down for a short time and then stop again. For awhile I found by using the short cycle it would work OK. But then it started doing a similar thing on the short cycle. As I thought the control module was faulty I bought a new one . However after installing it itcame on straight away with 3 mins on the clock. after this the dishwasher will not start. Any advice Please
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: What do you suggest may be wrong as I am a licensed electrician
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 4 years and the model isSMS50E 32 AU
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: As I purchased and installed the new control module I would like to.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: After the dishwasher timed down the 3 mins It still had water in the bottom I drained this.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
12/31/2016
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

The tech sheet is attached. Can you see if it will start the P1 Customer Service Program, please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Your advice was useless to me. I advised the fault with the dishwasher when I contacted you. It was necessary for me to arrange for a service technician for a service call at a cost of $97.00 who immediately advised the fault was the power module not the control module. This is the most common fault with these Bosch dishwashers. Under the circumstances I consider I should receive a refund of the amount you have debited me.I await your response.Louis Hope

The control module and power module are the same part. Glad you got it going.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I beg to differ, this model of Bosch dishwasher has two modules a control module and a power module. We have only just got the power module from Bosch and it is worth over $200 whereas the control module was about $85.
John, Home Appliance Technician