Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a e24 error on my bosch dishwasher and tried

Customer Question

I have a e24 error on my bosch dishwasher and tried everything from unblocking pipes and filters. Please advise
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Two years and where do i find the model number
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I do not know what else to do
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Bosch classic electronic model
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

So E24 is a drain error. It means that the dishwasher isn't draining out in an adequate time which it sounds like is true since you found a pool of water at the bottom. Bosch dishwashers are not easy to work on for drain issues unfortunately.

First, I'm going to assume you didn't change your garbage disposal recently--so if you did please speak up. You'll need to open the door and remove the center cylinder filter as well as the silver stainless mesh filter plate. This will allow you get gain access to the plastic sump (or pump cavity) below the filters. There is a little plastic dome held down by 1 screws on down inside the left side of the sump. Remove the screw (it's a size 15 torx bit screwdriver) and check for any blockages to the drain pump impeller that is now exposed. Put the cap back on and run another cycle to see if it works. If not, you'll need to uninstall the unit, disconnect the drain hose and blow through it to see if it's clear. If it's clear---replace the drain pump.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
my credit card was just debited by $34 . i never authorized this payment; please explaincorena
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Your correct I have no be credited for helping you even though I gave you my time and expertise. Your card is charged to ask the question and read my answers but I don't get credit for helping you until you rate me.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have contacted my bank to dispute the $34 that was taken out of my account. I never authorised your company to take this money. Only the $5. Please explain as i intend to take this further.