Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have model #R5D 308 slide in range and it stopped working

Customer Question

We have model #R5D 308 slide in range and it stopped working from one day to the next. The oven will not heat. All lights still work. We looked for a reset button, but cannot find one.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: Dacor slide in oven with cook top, duel fuel gas burners and electric oven.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes. Model #R5D308
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that we can think of.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

If the oven won't heat on bake or broil or any other setting, you'll want to first confirm the oven is getting 220 volts because the oven won't heat without 220 volts, it'll look like it's heating with 110 volts but it won't actually heat.

Now if that checks good, you need to open the oven door and remove the screws going into the vent panel below the control panel. Remove this vent panel that runs across the latch and unplug the range or flip the circuit breaker off to the range. Now you can remove the vent panel across the latch and next to the latch there should be a 1" round black and silver device with 2 wires going to it and a tiny red button on it. This tiny red button is a reset switch for your high limit thermostat. Press it hard and if it clicks it will reset your heat.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.