John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a kitchenaid refrigerator model KFIS29PBMS02

Customer Question

I have a kitchenaid refrigerator model KFIS29PBMS02 S/NK40321445 the ice maker isn't working. when it was working when you would go to get ice from door dispenser a little water would come out. then the water froze and it was jammed. after i cleaned it out and dried it and put the ice bin back init never started making ice again.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: its probably about 3 or 4 yrs old. it has the french doors with freezer in bottom drawer the ice maker bin is in the door of refrigerator ice maker is in the top
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if I can i live 100 miles away from a city with appliance dealers and repair so it is hard to get anyone here
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i dont guess
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 8 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Are you saying that you get water out of the ice dispenser when you call for ice cubes?

If that is so then either the icemaker is leaking / overflowing water, Or the freezer section is not staying cold enough to keep the ice frozen.

Can you tell me which it is ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
just a small amount but water would come out when i would get ice from the dispenser. i think it was not cold enough because it was like the ice in bin would melt a little then it would be all stuck together
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm actually not where the refrigerator is right now can i schedule it a little later when i return home
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
or can you tell me what i need to do or check

yes to both questions I`m online until 5 p.m. EST

And I can tell you what needs to be done to drop the top ceiling down to gain access to the icemaker area.

here is some info in advance.