Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Door off my Frigidaire oven and now can't get it back on,

Customer Question
door off my Frigidaire oven...
door off my Frigidaire oven and now can't get it back on, looked so easy but I am stuck
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: lgef3043kfc
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: all ready have the door off just trying to put it back on
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: can you help?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/30/2016
Appliance Technician: Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 10 months ago
Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Give me a minute or two to pull up information on this model

here is a screen shot telling how to reinstall the door.

If you have any questions just reply back to me.

Did you open the PDF file that I sent you about 15 minutes ago?

the door hinges don't look like the picture you sent me

ok that is right from the use and care booklet of the model that you gave of LGEF3043KFC

Check the model number once again please.

its the right number

here is a link to the door hinges for that model .

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Door-Hinge/5304485228/2026724?replacedManufacturerPartNumber=316537303

They are the same hinges as shown in the picture also.

Can you send me a photo of the hinge that you have ?

that looks right. the file did not come as a PDF it was tif?? can you send again

JPG file

thanks for your patience but the picture is not the same. did you get the picture I sent?

no I did not get any attachment from you

The booklet and the parts link photos are of the same hinge. just the booklet photo is in the door and the parts link photo is out of the door .

let me know if you received it

ok it appears that before you removed the door from the oven that you did not lock the hinge in the loaded position .

You need to take a pair of channel locks grab the hinge and pull it back toward the top of the door then flip the locking down to lock the door hinge in the loaded position

not having much luck how much force is needed?

you need to move the hing back about 90 degree

you need to flip the lock tab up so that you can mode the hinge

is there a trick to that? use a screw driver?
cant get it to move. it would be the lower part of the bracket moving up?

yes the lower part of the hinge bracket so it looks like Figure #4 in the screen shot of the use and care booklet

any trick to get it out can't get it t move

just move the lock lever and then just pull the hinge back

No real trick

Did you lock the door hinges before you removed the door from the oven?

I thought I did the door came right off
I was going to clean it but tried to put the door right back on to make sure I could and now with you trying to figure it out....

ok if you had the door fully open and turned the lock tab then the door should just slip right back on .

The hinges should slip right into the receivers with in the oven casbinet

yes that is the oven receiver rollers pins as shown on figure #4

the first photo you sent me was better to see the lock tab that flops up to lock and down to unlock

here this video may help you .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20Ft8InKB1U

I watch that before I started.....

ok if you watch the video again look at the position of the hinges on the door that may help you some.

I will be back online around 10 am EST tomorrow

If you can not get it back on I can only recommend that you call for a service call to have a service tech come out and install the door on the oven normally it is just a few second to remove and a few second to re install on the oven.

made the bracket move. let me send anther picture.
you still there?
don't give up on me now. please look at the attached photos.

Yes that is the correct way NOW .

The door should just slide in the oven receivers and drop down and that is it.

sorry I had to leave yesterday but had to go (Wife was waiting on me)!!

Finally got it. Had to rotate the bracket a little more but all good now. Thanks for your help. Have a happy new year.

Great glad to assist you anytime.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.

Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech