John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Kitchenaid model KUDE48FXSS5 won't drying element is fine at

Customer Question

kitchenaid model KUDE48FXSS5 won't drying element is fine at 14.5ohms and high temp count out is working as i tested it. any ideas
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 4 years old model KUDE48FXSS5
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yup
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 9 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Are you using the Pro dry option?

And have you tested the heating element for voltage during a dry cycle?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
How much for the answer?
no pro dry option just a heat dry which was selected
didn't check voltage while running

ok the use and care booklet shows it as Pro Dry ( but it does also say options vary by model)

so then you will need to set heated dry and during a dry cycle (end of the full cycle) test the two blue /white wires for 120 volts A/C

Which means your best bet is to have the unit out from under the cabinet/ countertop to be able to test the voltage to the heating element.