Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My KUDE70FXSS6 starts running for a couple minutes and

Customer Question

hello
My KUDE70FXSS6 starts running for a couple minutes and everything just turns off
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Let's try to see what error you're getting. Turn the dishwasher off. Choose any 3 buttons on the control panel. Press them in the following sequence, 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between each button push. All the lights should go solid. Now close the door and watch closely for the clean light to flap on the top of the control panel It will flash "X" amount of times, then pause 2 seconds, and flash "Y" amount of times, then pause 5 seconds and start over again.

Can you tell me how many times X and Y are please?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
X = 8 and Y = 4
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

OK so that is a fill error which means the washer doesn't think it's filling quick enough. You'll need to make sure you have good water pressure coming to the washer from your house. After that, start the washer and listen to the dishwasher filling. Do you hear it filling? Is it filling, then draining, then filling then draining? If so you have a bad control board. If it fills constantly then you valve is just restricting the water flow so the valve needs to be replaced. Lastly, if it doesn't fill at all, open the door and make sure the float in the front corner isn't popped up making the dishwasher cut power to the fill valve. If the float goes up and down, then you need to replace the valve.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
34;If the float goes up and down, then you need to replace the valve."How do you replace the valve? it seems to be full of water and doesn't drain. The floating device goes up and down
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

I'm not sure what you mean. So it's filling but it won't drain?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
correct
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

So if you start a cycle and cancel it, will it drain?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am sure nothing is wrong with the drainage, because water can drain 1 day ago
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
yeah if I just cancel it... it won't drain..
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Did you replace the garbage disposal?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I cleaned out the filter and cover... I don't see any excess film or garage.. I looked through the manual, I don't see another garbage disposal.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the service mode cycle just finished and there is still a bunch of water at the bottom
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

I was talking about on your house under your sink, but if you didn't replace that recently you have a drain pump which can trigger this error. You need to uninstall your dishwasher and drain all the water out that you can manually. Remove the drain hose and blow through it to see if it's clear. If it's not, then you want to replace that drain hose that comes directly off the drain pump because there is a back flow preventer inside this hose that failed all the time stopping the dishwasher from draining very well or at all. You can try to stick a flat head screwdriver through that 90 degree angle to get the backflow preventer un-stuck if you wanted to try that as well. Sometimes that will get the flap working again.

If the drain hose checks good, then remove the drain pump and look for and debris that may be blocking the drain pump impeller. Put everything back together and re-install the dishwasher to try again. If the dishwasher still doesn't drain, then you'll want to check 120 volts with a multimeter to the drain pump when it should be draining. If you're not getting 120 volts to the drain pump then you need a new control board inside the door. Assuming you are getting 120 volts, your drain pump would just need to be ordered and replaced.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?