Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I'm getting the same symptom: 2 high beeps and a low beep on

Customer Question

Hi. I'm getting the same symptom: 2 high beeps and a low beep on the upper drawer of my DD24 dish drawer. The lower drawer is operating correctly. The upper drawer has been running fine for a long time so it's not an installation error. The door appears to be fully seated and I wasn't able to get the drawer to start working again by applying more closing force. I looked behind the drawer ( by pulling it out a few inches) but didn't see a clip on a back rail. In fact, I don't really see a "rail" on the drawer. The drawer sits on a left and right metal rail, and has a single big plastic assembly behind it. I didn't see anything that looked like a "this holds things closed" or a contact switch that might be failing to close. Any other suggestions? Many thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

You need to pull the drawer out to see the back of the rails. If you pull the drawer out all the way, there are 2 plastic square tabs you depress just behind the front panel at the bottom of the drawer. Then you can pull the drawer out further. Look at the back of the metal rails that the drawer slides on way in the back of the dishwasher frame. One of those plastic clips on the back that holds the drawer shut is flipped backwards so you need to flip it forward and then you can close the drawer properly.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?