Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Oven does not heat up on bake mode. but does on broil, model

Customer Question

oven does not heat up on bake mode. but does on broil
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: model AER5735QAF
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: YES
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I saw a wiring diagram and it looks like there maybe a separated thermostat for baking and broiling is this correct? and is that what needs to be replaced?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

There is not a separate thermostat between bake and broil. If broil still works, there are no fuses or thermostats that will stop bake and not broil. That means you either have a bad bake element or a bad relay on your control board not sending power to the bake element. You'd need to pull the oven forward, and unplug it. Then open the oven door and remove the floor inside the oven. You can unscrew the bake element and remove it. Test continuity through the element with a multimeter or bring it into an appliance parts store and they can test it for you. If it doesn't have continuity, replace it. If it has continuity, you need a new main control board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?