Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I hope so. we have a thermador induction cooktop. getting a

Customer Question

I hope so. we have a thermador induction cooktop. getting a code of 3e , bruners on the right side are not working
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: just happened today
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: depends on how complicated it is
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the system was making hamming noise lst night when in use
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Error 3E means that your power module has failed. The power module is the module that actually sends the power to the burners but it's broken down into different portions of the cooktop so if the right 2 burners aren't working, that tells you that the right power module directly under those right 2 burners has failed and needs to be replaced. The part can usually cost about $400 or so depending on the exact model number I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
is it easy to replace?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

So I wouldn't call it easy because it requires uninstalling the entire cooktop. You would need to flip the breaker off to the cooktop or unplug it. Then remove all the brackets below the cooktop around the edge mounting the cooktop to the counter top. Push the cooktop up out of the counter top and then you can access the screws below the top around the border. Remove these screws and the top should pull up and off. After that, it's fairly straight forward, you just remove the burners to get to the power module below the burners and the board itself is all plug and play.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
thank you
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

No problem. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?