Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Trying to change the 40 watt oven lights in 48" GE Monogram

Customer Question

Trying to change the 40 watt oven lights in 48" GE Monogram professional gas oven. I can't get the glass cover off. IS there any trick or tools to use?
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: monogram model ZDP36N6D2SS about 13 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

So the glass lens cover cover over the bulb just unscrews by twisting it counter-clockwise but it gets stuck over time due to the heat. I use one of those rubber cut out circles which help open jars and then I use channel locks to grab the lens and twist it off.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?