Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a G E side by side refrigerator freezer; model #

Customer Question
Good morning. I have a...
Good morning. I have a G E side by side refrigerator freezer; model # GSS25WGPAWW; serial # 5F254018. I am having a problem with the water dispenser at the door. I have changed the water filter and heard it fill with water. The water solenoid valve appears to be working. The owner's manual mentions a possibility of frozen water reservoir. Please tell me where the reservoir is located and talk to me about accessibility. Thank you.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The model is listed and the refrigerator is approximately 9-years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
12/1/2016
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago
Joel Swenson

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and prepare your answer as I may need to look up part numbers, schematics, etc;

Thank you for your patience.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

The water tank is located in the refrigerator section behind the crisper drawers see the image below for location

click here for image of water tank location

If it is frozen up then the refrigerator section is getting too cold either you have the settings up too high or the unit is not cycling properly and likely needs new temperature sensors in the refrigerator section.

I kindly ask at this time that you go ahead and click on the 5th star of the star rating system at the top of your page. Afterwards If you have any follow up questions they will be free and I will continue to help until you are completely satisfied. It's very much appreciated, Thank You!

Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson