John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My Whirlpool washer is not working properly. It will fill

Customer Question

Good morning. My Whirlpool washer is not working properly. It will fill with water, but will not switch to the agitate mode, I have found that if I open the door (top loading) and drop it really hard, the machine begins to agitate properly, then it goes through the complete wash cycle with no other problems. Could this be caused by a problem with the "transmission? Thank you for your help!
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The machine is about ten years old (estimate). I can't find a model number without pulling the machine away from the wall, but there is a title on the front that reads "Ultimate Care II."
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No, but I live in a very small town, and I can't find a washer repair service in the local area.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I can't think of anything else.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you? It should be located under the lid down near the hinges like the pictures shows below

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?