Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a Dacron oven and after i, Dacor oven -

Customer Question

We have a Dacron oven and after i
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Dacor oven - V-K-07390016Think that is the number. The oven door seems to be out of alignment. The right latch seems to be out of its housing. Does this make sense?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: It would depend upon what it entails
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Is this fixable? My husband seems to think it is not.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So you'll need to remove the entire door in order to re-install it properly. To remove the door, open the door completely and there is a flip up tab on each hinge that flips up to lock the hinge out. Flip both lockout tabs up on both hinges and then pull the door off. Now if the right hinge won't lock out because it has popped out of it's housing, just pull the door out after locking the left side out and set it on a soft towel. Put a block of wood in your hand and force the hinge open all the way and flip the lock out tab up on the right hinge. Now you can re-install the door at about a 30 degree angle. Then open the door and flip the lock out tabs back down and you should be good to go again.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.