AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 15 years
76126576

I have a stackable washer dryer combo and the washer will

Customer Question

I have a stackable washer dryer combo and the washer will only run when the dryer start button is pushed in and the dryer doesn't start
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Fridgidaire. not sure on the model but its's about ten years old. I replaced the washer timer cause it was acting kind of like this before but then everything stopped working
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I would like to
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: When it first acted up I had to start the dryer for the washer to run. Then the dryer wouldn't run and I had to hold the start button in for the washer to run. This happened while trying to do one load of laundry.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 9 months ago.

Please look inside the door for the model number.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
FEZ831AS2

The timer will need to be replaced to fix this. Manufacturer #131758600

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 5 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I replaced the timer on the washer and still will only run with the dryer start button pushed in

Did you buy the timer new?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Did you make sure the wiring was not damaged?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
everything looks good

Unless you got a bad timer from the parts store which has known to happen I would recommend calling out a technician on this one because it could be serious and need tests performed.

Please take the time now to rate me a 5 star at the top of your page so I receive the credit for helping you, Thanks!