Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My maytag refrigerator is not dispensing water, model AFD

Customer Question

my maytag refrigerator is not dispensing water
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: model AFD 2535 DEB, Amana and about 12years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if it is simple
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: changed the filter and that didn't help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok

If the unit still makes ice then the first thing you want to do is check for a frozen water tank behind the bottom crisper drawers against the back of the refrigerator. Remove the bottom crisper drawers and heat up the water tank with a hair dryer for 20 minutes or so in case it's frozen. Try the dispenser again. If it still won't dispense water then either you valve has failed or it's not getting power from your front panel. You'll need to pull the refrigerator forward, remove the lower back access panel and locate the dual water valve which looks like the part below. Test power between the 2 wires going to the yellow valve when you push the water dispenser and if you don't have 110 volts something is bad inside the dispenser like a bad switch or board. If you do have 110 volts, replace the valve.

CLICK HERE to see valve

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.