Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My whirlpool micro seriel no is TR Y 50 21971. Date is 2009

My whirlpool micro seriel no is TR Y 50 21971
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: date is 2009 and Ser # TR Y 50 21971
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes. the light under the bottom and i need to know what to get. The light appears to have a fuse type base and the bulb pulled away.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: like what?

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The number you posted is the serial number. Can you please post the model number found on the same tag?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi kelly, This is the model number WMH1163XVB-0 Thank you!

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

The bulb is number 2 in the diagram. Is that what you are trying to replace?

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it appears to be a fuse type bulb and the glass rounded bulb has pulled away from the base. I have turned the power off to the unit and now how do I get the base of the bulb the socket?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have already been charged $28 dollars and noone has given me an answer. Can you give me an answer?

Make sure it is unplugged. You will have to use a needle nose to grab the broken base and unscrew it. The bulb it takes is just a regular screw in base, shown and available below.

CLICK HERE

MAKE SURE UNIT IS UNPLUGGED WHEN INSTALLING NEW BULB, THAT IS IMPORTANT TO PREVENT DAMAGING THE CONTROL BOARD!

The video at the link below shows how to replace it.

CLICK HERE

Please know that I am compensated by the site only after you offer a rating at the top of the page. It is my goal to provide 5 star service!

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions! Thank you so much!