John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My GE profile dishwasher leaks on the left side of the door.

Customer Question

My GE profile dishwasher leaks on the left side of the door. It was installed 2 weeks ago. We pushed the gasket in on that side but it still leaks. I called last week to schedule someone to come and look at it but the number I was given to schedule the appointment wasn't complete. They gave me a phone number but not an extension. I was unable to get a hold of a human to actually schedule an appointment. Can you help me?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The confirmation number was 05419001 for dishwasher model # PDT845SSJ0SS
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: We tried to push the gasket in but it still leaks. I would like to have some one look at it since We weren't able to fix it ourselves.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Do you need the serial number? Otherwise it seems to work fine. We just put a pan under it to catch the water, at least it is potty trained!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 8 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

DO you want me to get you some information on someone you can call in your area to come out?