Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I purchased a 4 door on march 4th of 2014 and as a snow bird

Customer Question

Good morning. i purchased a 4 door on march 4th of 2014 and as a snow bird the refrig is used about 7 months a year. this fall i replaced the water filter and all was working fine until sat. The water dispenser flow was reduced to a trickle: The temps are at recommended settings, I again replaced the filter and the valve is on the the unit. Not knowing how much water is being supplied to the ice maker, that has been turned off. any suggestions? Thanks Frank
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: Have not checked the filters. where are they located? I will recheck the therm settings
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I'll try
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Sounds like the solenoids on the water inlet valve have failed and are not opening all the way, the valve will need to be replaced to fix it. If you give me the model number of the unit I will be glad to give you the replacement part number and instructions to replace it, thanks.

Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 9 months ago.

Hi there,
I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?

If not please read below:

I kindly ask at this time that you go ahead and click on the 5th star of the star rating system at the top of your page. Afterwards If you have any follow up questions they will be free and I will continue to help until you are completely satisfied. It's very much appreciated, Thank You!