Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

We have a Whirlpool Gold Ultimate Care II dryer......A few

Customer Question

We have a Whirlpool Gold Ultimate Care II dryer......A few days ago, I noticed that the door would pop open......The dryer still ran though.....Now, after a load, the light inside is dim and sometimes off & the dryer won't run when I press the button
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It came with the condo that I bought 5 years ago......so anywhere between 5-10 yrs old....The Model # GEQ9800PW1
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: NO
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No....I just want to know how serious the problem is.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 8 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Go behind the unit and check the power to the terminal block where the cord connects, it sounds like something may be burned up there and you have a power issue.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated....HAPPY HOLIDAYS!