Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

There is power to the wall outlet. Refrig not running and

Customer Question
the lights don't work. Is...
There is power to the wall outlet. Refrig not running and the lights don't work. Is there an internal fuse? Even if the motor is burned out wouldn't the lights still work?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/27/2016
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.
Please provide me with the model number of the unit you are needing help with so that I can give you model specific information, as soon as I get that information I will get your answer prepared as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

ED22DQ
Is the $24 on top of the $28 or $24 total?
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago

its on top for a phone call

no thanks
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago

ya that is a automated request by the site we techs have nothing to do with that , just don't hit the button for the phone call

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago

are you sure the wall plug is good, have you tried to plug something else in to the outlet to check it? the lights would be working even if the unit was stuck in defrost or even if the thermostat was bad.

plugged the toaster in the same outlet and that worked
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago

ok you are gonna have to look for a wiring problem at the rear of the unit where the plug ties into the wiring harness on the unit and check all the pig tails and look for any burned or frayed wiring, it loosing voltage before its getting to the controls somewhere.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago

but as far as a fuse no, there is not a in line fuse anywhere

ok I will check that out
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago

ok let me know what you find, thanks I will be around if you need anything. Also you may want to open the control panel in the fridge section and check that area where the wiring feeds the light assembly and controls it may be an issue in there.

took back off, but all wires look good.
took front panel off inside refrig, there is power in the yellow wire leading to the light switch
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago

in the control panel there is a defrost timer, on the bottom of the timer is a dial turn that dial with your finger or knife etc; and see if the unit kicks on.

John, Home Appliance Technician