Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Years of Repair Experience, Bachelor's Electrical Engineering Technology, MBA
95589641

I have unplugged the refrigerator for of 10 minutes but I've

I have unplugged the refrigerator for of 10 minutes but I've maker light still blinks twice, pause, repeat. I replaced the ice maker yesterday. It dropped four loads of ice, then no more. When I hold the flap across from the blinking red light, the light continues to blink.
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: Kitchen aid kscs23inss01. 10 years?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Trying to. I replaced the ice maker myself.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No. I think I said it all above

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your Kitchenaid refrigerator. Please give me a moment to review your model.

Can you open the door to look at the icemaker and tell me which way the teeth are pointing?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Pointing towards me at about a 30 degree angle. The ice maker is now making and dumping ice intermittently. Sometimes every 2 - 3 hours. Other times taking 12 hours or longer.

Ok, what happens to the light when you hold the flap down on the left hand side making sure that your hand is not blocking the light beam?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
blink, blink, pause...blink, blink, pause...repeat

Ok, as long as your hand is not blocking the light beam and the flap is closed on the left hand side, and the icemaker is in the position that you indicated, I would replace the light beam board pair. A non OEM set of boards are fine for this repair. Would you like a link to them and possibly a instructional video?

Is there anything else I can answer for you?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I just held the flap in and now the light is staying on solid. So, sometimes when I hold the flap in the light goes solid; other times it just keeps flashing. Is the light beam board still the way to go?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
If so, would you please forward the link and video?

If you are positive that you are not blocking the light beam and it still blinks then I would replace the boards. No problem. Here they are:

Part: http://a.co/iov7NX4

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N988_wHptUw

Is there anything else I can answer?

If there is nothing else I can answer for you, would you mind rating my service to you? Just Answer will only compensate me for my time if you rate me. A rating of 4 stars or more at the TOP RIGHT of your screen will allow free follow up questions for this appliance through this link. (TIPS) are appreciated! Thank you.