Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

We have dacor dual fuel ersd 48509. The big oven quit

Customer Question
we have dacor dual fuel...
we have dacor dual fuel ersd 48509. The big oven quit working. we replaced the heating element and still nothing. Old one ohm's out the same as new one. We noticed the the broiler burner had a large section that appeared burned so we got a new one, can't figure out how to get the old one out. There is a shield protecting the inlet tube which won't drop out after taking four screws out. The broiler igniter glows regardless of which mode you set the oven on so I'm suspecting control board issues but it has not thrown any codes.
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: AS I said Dacor ersd48509. Manufactured Oct 26, 1999 sn FC9430705
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: We have no choice we can not find any of your service men who are willing to service your product. Apparently they don't believe that the world is actually round. They actually think they will fall off the face of the earth if they get out of their city limits.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I'm located in Pratt county Kansas.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/27/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 year ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

If the broiler ignitor glows no matter what you have it set on yes the control is bad. You most likely have a failed relay board on the unit nothing else would really cause that issue.

CLICK HERE PART

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated....HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You didn't tell me how to finish installing the new broiler burner and we have been unable to locate a new control board. You haven't told me anything I didn't already know. Give me something I can use!!!
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago
travis webb

Hello and welcome to just answer I am a different tech here. As far as removing the broil element. First turn the power off to the unit and verify no power is present. Remove the racks from the bake compartment. Remove the two screws from the rear of the element. Remove the front two screw and allow it to drop down as you carefully pull the element out far enough to unplug the wires from the element, being careful not to allow either wire to drop back into the hole. Once the element is loose, remove the front support brace from the old element and install it on the new element. Connect the wires to the new element and install the screws in the front support bracket. Install the two screws into the rear of the element. Re-establish power to the unit and put on broil and verify the element will turn orange, (which will also burn off the new odor which can cause a strange flavor if it isn't burned off before cooking). Re-install the racks.

This is the relay board that I believe is your problem and will need to be replaced in order to fix this issue.

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Dacor-Range-Stove-Oven-Relay-Board/92029/1159214?modelNumber=ERSD48&ss=a13b7i846d867461&mr=1

If this information is helpful all I ask is you rate with 5 stars at the top. In the event you need anything further please feel free to follow up with me on here and I will be more than happy to assist you. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If you will re-read my earlier communications you will see it is a dual fuel unit. Check the model number and serial number. I talked about taking the shield out that covers the inlet tube to the broiler. It is a gas fired broiler, it has no element, it has no wires!!! Please try again.
travis webb
travis webb
travis webb