John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

GI6FARXXY07 WHIRLPOOL FRIDGE And appliance repair man just

Customer Question

GI6FARXXY07 WHIRLPOOL FRIDGEAnd appliance repair man just put in a new condenser and the refrigerator is cooling and freezing… There is no ice being made
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Is the ice maker section getting cold?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
When I pulled out the part that actually makes the ice the bottom motor of that portion is very cold
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I think that sent to you but not sure
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Well, the ice maker has to get down to around 10* F before it opens. The air comes from the back of that ice maker through that damper assembly. How long had it been running when you discovered no ice?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It has been running for over a week
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

We need the ice maker assembly back in place to get that damper to open, then see the temp in the ice maker compartment. It could be a damper issue, fan issue, hard to say with it all apart.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can I put it back together and then hit you on this same thread?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How will we find temp
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

You will need to put a thermometer in there and leave it for 4 hours or more. Follow a link back from your email to get back here to post results.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is freezing all the food… Through last time the refrigerator man was here it was 4° In the freezer
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The last
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

But we need to see what the ice maker section by itself is doing, not the freezer.

Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

The ice makes has to be in to control the air flow to the refrigerator, you can't leave it out.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The icemaker is back in
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Okay, so just let it be for a few hours and see what the ice maker section temp is.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That has to be a faster way… The refrigerator and freezer are both working properly… It doesn't appear to me that water is getting to the icemaker… Water is getting to the dispenser but I only see one tube on the back… Not sure how the water is Getting to the icemaker
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't have a thermometer
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

The water will not be called for until the ice maker reaches 10* to initiate a harvest. So we really need to see that it gets that cold first.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK how do I get back to you?
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Me

27 Nov 2016, 12:59 PM

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't have a thermometer ?
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

It will be important to know what that temp is because you probably won't be able to feel a difference at 20* and 10* and that will be the difference between ice and no ice.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I would like to try another technician with the same question please. Tyler are you available?