Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

Have a GE French door bottom freezer refrigerator. Model

Customer Question

Have a GE French door bottom freezer refrigerator. Model pfss5pjxa ss. My water dispenser on the door just stopped flowing water. Is it the switch or the control valve on the water inlet
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: model given above.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes. Only used a repair person once in my life.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No. working perfectly one day and stopped dispensing water yesterday. Ice maker working and making cubes ok.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. If there is not ice on the water lines more than likely our issue is with the water inlet valve and will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok. Is it in the back panel at the refrigerator level. How do I check for ice on the lines. It would seem the ice maker would have the same problem.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 8 months ago.

is the ice maker still working?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Do you have a diagram, video or photos to give me real info to fix the problem? I gave the projected answer in my original question and trying to get more repair info. That is why I signed up. Thanks.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Gave the screening person that answer. Yes it is.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 8 months ago.

my apologies for not seeing that I thought it said it was not working. One moment please.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
1 month ago. Used GE brand not generic.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 8 months ago.

ok good. Well there are the trouble parts and information on your particular model when it comes to the dispenser.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for now. Need to get into it. I'll check closer on door dispenser switch. How do you remove water dispenser housing?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
On front refrigerator door...
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 8 months ago.

you can use a putty or butter knife to gently pry it off. There should not be any screws attached.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
That is what I thought, just want a more experienced person to advise. Good night.