Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

My washing machine is leaking form the bottom

Customer Question

Hi -
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. What is the model number of your washer? Is this a front loader or top loader?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Front loader maytag 2000 series
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

there should be a model number located on the inside of the door. More than likely you have a clog in the drain pump or a lose hose in there. Are you going to be comfortable taking your unit apart?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok I will look - it running with a towel. Can not figure out how to look for that. If I have to start taking out the rubber around the door to open it I am not going to bother. I seem to remember it is not easy to get in there to look. give me bit.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

sounds good I am here. Is it leaking from underneath or leaking around the door?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
MHWE201YW00
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

My apologies for the delay in response I was having some internet connections issues. Now is it leaking around the seal or underneath?

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

https://www.repairclinic.com/RepairHelp/How-To-Fix-A-Washing-Machine/45-4-1057295-/Maytag-Washer-leaking-water-MHWE201YW00

Here is a list of issues that can cause your unit to leak. In order to narrow it down I would need to know where it is leaking from if its around the door or underneath. These are the issues you will need to inspect though.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it is leaking from the bottom of the unit
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

Ok now have you inspected the boot seal?