Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Bosch nexxt 100. It will not drain or spin. What

Customer Question

I have a Bosch nexxt 100. It will not drain or spin. What could be the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 8 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

The issue is the pump, either the pump is bad or the pump filter is blocked, remove the small door at the bottom right of the unit and unscrew the filter cap and check for anything blocked in the filter. If all is clear replace the pump. Note there will be water so either get a shop vac ready or try and use a shop vac to suck the water out the end of the drain hose before taking the folter cap off.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated....HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I opened this. It had a little dog hair.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I can send you a video of the noise it makes if you have an email Address

I see if that is all clean and the pump runs you need to replace the pump on the unit. That is SUPER COMMON on that model and age.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
How old is it?

With that style filter likely 10 years old

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't think it is that old

If you have the full model and serial number I can tell you the exact month it was made