Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have an Armani 2 door fridge which trips the elaborate

Customer Question

I have an Armani 2 door fridge which trips the elaborate switch when it reaches the thermostatt cold setting
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: That should be elcb switch
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends. If it only the thermostatt yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 7 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

You likely just have a defective ELCB switch, I would change that out first as often they do go bad and start acting up causing that issue. If you change the switch out and still have the issue let me know.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated....HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We are running other fridges and appliances without issue. Do you still think the switch may be faulty?

Yes do you have another ELCB in the house close by?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No

Do you have any other ELCB in the house at all?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
on a sub board in a separate building

OK then I would just change out the ELCB or honestly you should not be running the refrigerator on an ELCB anyways due to these type of issues.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Will give it a try

OK sounds good!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
had the electrician out and he has thoroughly tested the house electrics. the ELCB switch has tested excellent. fridge still throws the switch after it has run for anything up to 2 or 3 hours.

Then you need an appliance tech out to check for any grounding issues on the unit.