Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Maytag dishwasher that the top scrub button is

Customer Question

I have a Maytag dishwasher that the top scrub button is flashing and won't shut off in the dishwasher won't start
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is only four years old and I can go find out the model real quick
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Trying to find the model number it is model number MDBH969AWS3
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The scrub button flashing is an error code on this dishwasher and it means that the touch control panel has an internal short. Try to flip the breaker off to the dishwasher for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, then you need to order and replace the entire touch control panel to resolve the issue I'm sorry to say. Below is a link to the part if you wanted to order and replace it yourself.

CLICK HERE for touch control panel

Also, this issue is quite common so the part was re-designed. The steam was believed to be causing the touchpads to fail earlier than expected so the re-design changes a few things on the touchpad to resist the steam better.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?