John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My thermador oven pg366bs/01 won't light. When I turn the

Customer Question

My thermador oven pg366bs/01 won't light. When I turn the knob I hear a click, the fan comes on, then I smell gas. The igniter does not glow
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So I don't thing you gave me the correct model number because something isn't adding up. You're talking about smelling gas and an igniter not glowing in the oven---but this model number is ***** dual fuel oven with electric elements in the oven and a gas cooktop. Can you please recheck the model or look at the ceiling inside the oven and tell me if it has an electric element or a gas burner with igniter mounted to the back of it.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I took the bottom kick plate off and got the number from inside. This unit is six gas burner gas two burner broiler with gas convection
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am fine with typing

Hmm ok so do you have a glow igniter that looks like the part below?

CLICK HERE to see igniter

Or do you have a spark igniter like below

CLICK HERE to see spark igniter

Also, if you turn it to broil and wait 3 minutes does the broiler heat?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
First my igniter is not the glow type, the broiler does light, but the left burner has not lit for a long time
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have not received a response from anyone else yet?