Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a GE double wall oven. It does not work and it shows

Customer Question

I have a GE double wall oven. It does not work and it shows code F7. What does Code 7 means and can it be fixed?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's about 8 years old but hardly used, model #ZET757BWBB
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: It does not matter as long as it gets fixed.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I believe it's the panel. I tried to see if I can purchase a panel on line but it's been this continued. Is there a website I can purchase an older panel?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Your touch panel is experiencing a failure. You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Turn off the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while rubbing firmly over each of the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced. Let me know what happens and I can get you the correct part information.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Did not work.
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Same error popping up still?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
F7
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

The touch pad will need to be replaced but I am having a hard time finding one but am still looking.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

The touch pad is no longer available, see link below. I checked all 5 major distributors and eBay. Onemay pop up on eBay (a used one) but nothing on there now.

CLICK HERE

Please know that I am compensated by the site only after you offer a rating at the top of the page. It is my goal to provide 5 star service!

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions! Thank you so much!