Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Just moved in, owner left no manual. Cannot find a model

Customer Question
Just moved in, owner left...
Just moved in, owner left no manual. Cannot find a model number on the side by side refrigerator. It was making crushed ice fine, but no cubes. Now, it will run water, but no cubes or crushed. Please help. Thank you.
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: Bosch, new model, but where can I find the model number.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I'm a widow, so I would like to do it myself to avoid costly repair.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just that it was working fine til I tried the cube button for the first time. Now there is no ice at all.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/25/2016
Appliance Technician: Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 11 months ago
Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Whom is the manufacture of the product?

Bosch. Side by side.
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. The model number should be located on the inside of the door can you try checking in there for me please?

The only thing I can find on the inside of both the frig door and the freezer door says www.bosch-home.com

Ok can you try checking in the back of the unit? Without the model number makes this very hard to help. There are a few things that can cause this. If the auger motor is not coming on to make the ice or the ice maker assembly itself is bad and needs replaced or even possibly that the water filter needs replaced.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician