Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My samsung fridge is stuck in demo mode, and won't turn off

Customer Question

Hi--my samsung fridge is stuck in demo mode, and won't turn off even when pressing the right combo as per the owner's manual
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2 years and 10 days old. Model is not clear; trying to figure it out
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Is RH29H9000SR meaningful? I plan on doing whatever I can not to lose the hundreds of dollars of food I have in the freezer. I just noticed it is not cooling, and will not get out of "off" mode Have tried cutting the power and turning it back on twice
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: can't think of anything
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

I'm not sure if you were holding the correct buttons, but all you should need to do is press and hold the power freeze and energy saver buttons for 5 seconds to remove demo mode. If that doesn't work or the unit goes back into demo mode, the control board behind the display panel will need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue. Most of the time when this issue occurs, your display board is just shorted and you can't exit demo mode. I say that because it's just as difficult to put the unit into demo mode so it's not likely that someone just leaned on the control panel and accidentally put it into demo mode.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.