Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My Electrolux dishwasher starts running a cycle and after 20

Customer Question
Hi, my Electrolux dishwasher starts...
Hi, my Electrolux dishwasher starts running a cycle and after 20 min the electric breaker trips in electric panel.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
11/24/2016
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago
travis webb

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. So there are two things that is causing this issue. Either the breaker is the issue or there is a problem with the wiring of the dishwasher. The wires to and from the dishwasher. If the breaker detects a short circuit then the breaker will go off. It could be with the power cord, or other internal wiring. Be very careful because a short circuit could be a serious problem causing damage to the appliance but more important fires to the house

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi, Thanks for your answer, we just remodeled the kitchen and electrical is new from appliance to panel, first time we ran dishwasher after remodeling, we forgot to turn the water on and ran à full cycle with no water. Pumps seem to work fine water heats fine, breaker goes off after 20/25mns
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

Ok if the wiring is good then what about the breaker itself? Something has to be off or the board has a short in it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Electric panel was replaced 5 months ago, braker was replaced, problem not solved
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi yes i do have a tester

ok and the unit continues to trip the breaker even after you have now turned the water on and run the unit correct?

If you ran the unit thru an entire load with out water in it you probably have damaged the heating element.

Have you Ohmed out the heating element to see if it has continuity or not?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The dishwasher, have a water level floater, so i think it stopped when i ran it with no water, the water is hot when i try to run à cycle

the float switch only stops the incoming water from overfilling it does not stop the dishwasher during any cycle .

It ONLY controls the incoming water flow into the dishwasher.

Master Tech
Master Tech