Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a sub zero refrig/freezer with a front vent on top.

Customer Question

We have a sub zero refrig/freezer with a front vent on top. Does this also vent outside?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sub-Zero is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Refrigeration system 550
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Ion don't know
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

This unit does not have a vent outside. There is a divider behind this panel and air is sucked in from one side of the vent and blows out the other side. This area behind the vent is where the compressor is located so it cools the sealed system by circulating the air in this fashion.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?