Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have a Maytag gemini gas oven. The burners all work and

Customer Question

I have a Maytag gemini gas oven. The burners all work and the top small oven works. However, the bottom large oven does not heat up and I do not have the money right now (get paid Dec 1st) to call a repairman. In the old days, it was simply a matter of lighting the pilot but maybe that is no longer true.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is approximately 15 years old and I only use the large over at Thanksgiving and Christmas
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Until December 1st, I have to try and fix this myself.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have NEVER had trouble with this oven before. It has always worked perfectly at holiday times. I keep it sparkling clean.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your lower oven especially this time of year. It's probably just a bad igniter, you can check this by removing the bottom panel of the oven, the remove the flame shield from the burner where you can see the burner, start the oven and see if you see the igniter glowing bright orange, the igniter is mounted to the side of the burner, if you do not see it glowing bright orange then it needs to be replaced. Let me know what you find and I will give you the replacement part number for the igniter if need be, but in order to give you part numbers I will need the full model of the range. Thanks.

I kindly ask at this time that you go ahead and click on the 5th star of the star rating system at the top of your page. Afterwards If you have any follow up questions they will be free and I will continue to help until you are completely satisfied. It's very much appreciated, Thank You!

Hi there,
I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?