Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Spilled water on the top.. smell of gas. beeping every

Customer Question

spilled water on the top.. smell of gas. beeping every second. oven door locked...have turned off the oven with cancel/secure. Now what?
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is about 10 years old. it is a Dacor ERD36SBK
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: uh no....
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Is it safe left unconnected to power? How could we fix it ourselves?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

First, you're going to want to leave the circuit breaker off or unplug the oven for 24 hours. After that, you can plug the unit back in and hopefully it'll dry out and work like norm. If not, then your display board shorted out from water getting on it because that's the only thing that would cause the door to lock and such.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?