Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Have range the gas burners work fine but the oven will now

Customer Question

have range the gas burners work fine but the oven will now heat up properly seems to be stopping at lo temp and no further - oven is electric
definitely is plugged in properly and turning on
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Since the cooktop burners still work, it unfortunately sounds like your igniter is just getting weak and needs to be replaced. Igniters generally last about 6-8 years normally and then they either stop working all together, or they just get weak and don't draw 3.2 amps even though they are glowing. If an igniter doesn't pull 3.2 amps, the oven gas safety valve will not open up. Now the bake igniter is mounted to the bake burner below the floor inside the oven so you'd need to pull the floor out of the oven to access the igniter for replacement. Below is a link to the igniter you need to replace and it costs about $30. Now this igniter is made by Frigidaire which doesn't really matter because the igniters are universal and just get cut and spliced in place on gas ovens.

CLICK HERE for oven igniter

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?